Railway Transport Management
Department of Railway Transport
Study level: MSc
Course code: 60614
Available in 2020/21: Yes
Familiarize students with the principles of railway transport management. Students will understand the mechanisms of the railway transport market, will use the methods and procedures for investigations of transport demand, the statistics in the railway transport, define a marketing information system, calculate the cost of the train, to determine the cost of transportation, to measure the success of railway companies, to understand the integrated transport system in the railway system, to understand and calculate fees for railway infrastructure.
At the end of the course students should:
- Define the basic terms in the field of railway market transport management, to describe the mechanisms of railway market transport and enumerate the types of services charges for railway Infrastructure.
- Calculate the carriage of domestic and international transport and railway costs and price of services, and then measure performance in the railway sector. Explain the marketing information system, integrated transport system and charges for railway Infrastructure.
- Know how to apply appropriate models of market research, applied statistics and the cost theory and solve the given problems.
- Analyse the impact of certain technological parameters of railway transport management; make diagrams using MS Excel and SAS, and outline ways of railway transport management.
- Write a case study on a given topic by linking ideas together. Make conclusions based on the calculation and then select optimal solutions.