Aviation English I
Department of Aeronautics
Study level: BSc
Course code: 95316
Available in 2020/21: Yes
Objective of the course:
- Enable student to acquire all four basic language skills (reading, writing, listening
- Provide knowledge necessary to meaningfully talk about aviation topics using
grammatically correct English sentences
After the completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Recognize, name, use, analyse and compare English language tenses in Aviation English
- Demonstrate the ability to read, correctly pronounce and understand texts written in
English relating to aviation topics.
- Acquire and practice basic translating in the field of aviation from English into Croatian
and from Croatian into English.
- Understand main ideas of the text, conclude unknown words from the context in which
they can be found and interpret the read text in English.
- Write an essay (1500 words) on the given aviation topic in English.
- Actively participate in class discussions on aviation industry topics, react on mistakes
made by other students, provide answers and accept other students’ opinions.
- Reformulate own thoughts and ideas when not-knowing specific vocabulary
- Demonstrate knowledge of terminology in English relation to various parts of aircraft,
forces that work on aircraft in flight, phases of flight, basics of navigation and