Railway Traffic Organizing
Department of Railway Transport
Study level: BSc/MSc
Course code: 62818
Available in 2020/21: Yes
Course objectives: Familiarize students with the principles of organization of railway transport. Then elaborate exploitation indicators in railway transport. Define and analyse the qualitative and quantitative indicators. Elaborate the indicators for towing and towed resources. Establish principles of harmonization of towing and towed vehicles. Develop a plan of transportation.
At the end of the course students should:
- Define the basic terms in the field of organization of railway transport, to describe the resources of railway transport and enumerate the qualitative and quantitative indicators.
- Calculate the exploitation indicators for traction and towed vehicles and align locomotive and wagon parks. Explain the application of weather indicators in the organization of railway transport.
- Know how to apply calculating methods of exploitation indicators and solve the given numerical problems of exploitation.
- Analyse the impact of certain qualitative and quantitative indicators on the exploitation of railway transport, to make diagrams of harmonization towing and towed resources, and outline the impacts indicators with each other.
- Write a transport plan for a period of one month. Make conclusions based on the calculation and then select optimal solutions.