Department of Intelligent Transportation Systems
Study level: MSc
Course code: 171845
Available in 2020/21: Yes
Objective of the course:
- To provide the knowledge and information necessary for a systematic understanding of the structure and behavior of technical systems based on artificial intelligence, and the application of methods and techniques from the domain of artificial intelligence in traffic engineering
- To train students to use Matlab software modules related to the application of artificial intelligence in traffic engineering (learning neural network systems, making fuzzy regulators and decision systems, optimizing systems using the genetic algorithm)
- Provide the basic knowledge needed to evaluate the possibilities of applying method from the domain of artificial intelligence within intelligent transport systems, and information and communication traffic systems
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Explain basic concepts in the domain of artificial intelligence.
- Describe the features of technical systems based on artificial intelligence.
- Model the traffic problem for control or optimization using methods from the domain of artificial intelligence.
- Choose a suitable method from the domain of artificial intelligence to solve a traffic problem.
- Solve a traffic problem with appropriate methods from the domain of artificial intelligence.
- Develop a solution using modules from the Matlab software package to create simple systems based on artificial intelligence.