Aviation English II
Department of Aeronautics
Study level: BSc
Course code: 21017
Available in 2020/21: Yes
Objective of the course:
- Enable student to acquire all four basic language skills (reading, writing, listening
- Provide knowledge necessary to meaningfully talk about aviation topics using
grammatically correct English sentences
After the completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Use and analyse nouns, definite and indefinite articles, prepositions and pronouns in the
in Aviation English texts.
- Explain the difference among various types of aerodromes, main parts of aerodromes,
aerodrome areas and traffic circuit in English.
- Explain the problems caused by decompression and fire in the aircraft in English
- Translate precisely from Croatian into English texts on Aviation topics in accordance
with the ICAO language descriptors, using glossaries and dictionaries (ICAO English
Language Proficiency Requirements)
- Demonstrate the knowledge of Aviation English (vocabulary, terminology and
grammar) by talking about/presenting a specific topic for 5 minutes in front of the
- Reformulate own thoughts and ideas when not-knowing specific vocabulary
- Understand main ideas of the text, conclude unknown words from the context in which
they can be found and interpret the read text in English.
- Actively participate in class discussions on aviation industry topics, react on mistakes
made by other students, provide answers and accept other students’ opinions.