Aviation English III
Department of Aeronautics
Study level: BSc
Course code: 95317
Available in 2020/21: Yes
Objective of the course:
- Provide knowledge and information necessary to demonstrate at least Level 4
according to ICAO English Level Proficiency Testing descriptors.
After the completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Use complex grammatical structures (conditional clauses and passive) in in Aviation
- Differ instruments in aviation (artificial horizon, airspeed indicator, altimeter,
variometer, accelerator, turn-and-bank indicator) in English.
- Compare types of engines (propeller and jet), types of system (hydraulic, electric,
fuel, pneumatic and engine lubrication systems).
- Categorize meteorological phenomena (wind, rain, drizzle, snow, thunder, hail, fog,
visibility, cloud coverage, air temperature, dew point).
- Translate precisely from Croatian into English texts on Aviation topics in accordance
with the ICAO language descriptors, using glossaries and dictionaries (ICAO English
Language Proficiency Requirements – Level 5)
- Use proper terminology and complex grammatical structures when describing and
analyzing routine and non-routine situations and aircraft incidents and accidents
(Palermo accident, Hudson river incident)
- Actively participate in class discussions on aviation industry topics