Aviation English IV
Department of Aeronautics
Study level: BSc
Course code: 75011
Available in 2020/21: Yes
Objective of the course:
- Provide knowledge and information necessary to demonstrate at least Level 4
according to ICAO English Level Proficiency Testing descriptors.
After the completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Use complex grammatical structures (indirect speech, modal verbs, relative and
temporal sentences) in in Aviation English texts.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of Aviation English (vocabulary, terminology and
grammar) by talking about/presenting a specific topic for 10 minutes in front of the
- Analyse ICAO language requirements and communication used in aviation industry
in the English language.
- Differ air traffic control units in English.
- Compare the training of pilots and air traffic controllers in English.
- Translate precisely from Croatian into English texts on Aviation topics in accordance
with the ICAO language descriptors, using glossaries and dictionaries (ICAO English
Language Proficiency Requirements – Level 5)
- Use proper terminology and complex grammatical structures when describing and
analysing helicopter operations, psychological and physiological influence (CRM) of
a human on aviation operations
- Interpret and discuss the themes of the aviation texts alone, in pair or in group in
- Write a CV and job application and adapt it to the market requirements in English