Radiotelephony Communications II
Department of Aeronautics
Study level: BSc
Course code: 36166
Available in 2020/21: Yes
Objective of the course:
- To identify standard phraseology applicable in the radar environment by presenting
examples of phraseology use in specific situations.
- To identify scenarios where mutual understanding of the work environment and the
loads of pilots and air traffic controllers is extremely important.
- To develop a culture of listening and respecting standard phraseology
After the completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Use prescribed phraseology and perform radar identification, vectoring and provide
- Apply phraseology examples to aircraft level changes.
- Harmonize and apply IFR and VFR phraseology arrival procedures, holding procedures
and traffic clearances within it.
- Distinguish between distress and urgency and reproduce situations using standard
phraseology tailored to the situation.
- Compare radio failure situations and apply appropriate phraseology.
- Design a flight in a radar environment and reproduce the most important situations
using standard phraseology.
Radiotelephony communication I is a prerequisite for enrolling Radiotelephony communication II